Goals of position:
- Assist the local union in building capacity to exercise political power.
- Lead 2022 worksite action leaders in implementing the campaign plan at targeted worksites.
- Coordinate local union efforts with the statewide Education Minnesota campaign.
Stipend Available: GOTV leaders will be eligible to receive a stipend of $1,200 for leading this work from February-November 2022.
Activities and duties required to earn stipend:
- Attend the March 5, 2022, Education Minnesota political conference training.
- Participate in 30-minute monthly or biweekly Zoom meetings with Education Minnesota political organizer and a cohort of other local union get-out-the-vote leaders.
- Participate in an individual 10- 15-minute monthly or biweekly Zoom or phone check-in with assigned Education Minnesota political organizer.
- Assist in recruitment of worksite action leaders for targeted buildings in the local.
- Assist with campaign communications to worksite action leaders by email, text and Zoom about the campaign activities at worksites. Support worksite action leaders in their efforts. Campaign activities summarized below.
- Lead social media and texting tactics for the local union in the campaign.
Worksite campaign activities timeline:
- April/May 2022: 10-minute meeting or educational activity in buildings on what is at stake in 2022 and ask Education Minnesota members to sign pledge cards with the goal of 100 percent pledge card participation before the end of the school year.
- Back to school 2022: Worksite leaders deliver pledge cards back to members with candy, note, etc. in mailboxes the week before early voting begins.
- September 2022: Hold 10-minute meeting, social or educational activity to share Education Minnesota voter guide.
- Final week before election: Social or educational activity, or other visibility activity, to encourage 100 percent voter turnout in the building.
- Throughout: One-on-one conversations with targeted list of members in the building.
Questions? Contact Anna Brelje at email@example.com.
GOTV Leader sign-up
"*" indicates required fields
Tell lawmakers to fully fund our schools!
No matter what we look like or where we come from, most of us want the best for our children. We want them to learn in safe environments from educators who have the time and resources they need. We want them to get a well-rounded education that prepares them for success after high school. And we want our children, the leaders of tomorrow, to gain the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in the 21st century.
Unfortunately, the wealthiest few and the lawmakers who do their bidding have used budget deficits to make that more difficult by exacerbating inequities in our schools. In 2010, they cut or delayed state education aid instead of addressing the real issue – decades of chronic underfunding. Minnesota still hasn’t recovered from these past actions. The state’s share of funding schools hasn’t kept pace with inflation—it’s now 11.8 percent less than it was in 2003 in real dollars.
Sign our petition letting lawmakers know you support fully funded public schools below.