Join the movement!
Learn more about Education Minnesota's petitions and actions below.
No matter what we look like or where we live, most of us want similar things for our children. We want them to grow up safe, supported and loved. We want them to attend welcoming schools that prepare them for success after high school.
Unfortunately, the wealthiest few and the lawmakers who do their bidding have used budget deficits to make that more difficult by exacerbating inequities in our schools. In 2010, they cut or delayed state education aid instead of addressing the real issue – decades of chronic underfunding.
School board resolution to fully fund public education
We’re asking locals to persuade their school board members to pass resolutions supporting raising the revenue necessary to pay for the services our students need. That includes more mental health services, smaller class sizes, creating schools all students feel welcome in, increased broadband for students and communities, addressing disruptions caused by COVID-19 and more.
School boards have tremendous influence over state legislators. Passing a resolution will put an enormous amount of pressure on lawmakers to do the right thing and increase funding for public education.
10-minute meeting resources
- Underfunding 10-minute meeting presentation
- Underfunding presentation notes
- Underfunding Member Email Template with Video
Overview and planning
Worksite activity resources
- Issue ID and build your network meeting agenda
- Building meeting PowerPoint presentation
- Building meeting follow-up form
- Who can you talk to?
- 5 Steps for Launching Your Community Outreach & Engagement Program
- Community outreach calendar
- Education Minnesota Community and Labor Partnership Guide
- Regional community partnership list
- Regional community partnership map
- Student safety checklist
- Voter conversation guide