In 2022, Education Minnesota members and communities organized statewide to help win pro-public education and working family majorities in the House, Senate and governor’s office. We are committed to ensuring that our elected leaders continue to support and carry pro-public education values and priorities at the Legislature. In this trifecta legislative session, we must organize in key targeted areas, with local members building and maintaining working relationships with legislators.
We have at least two years to make sure that we fully fund public education. Regional Legislative Leaders will serve for two legislative sessions and are eligible to receive a $1,200 stipend for their work between the 2023 and 2024 legislative sessions. Help your local and other locals in targeted regions build capacity and exercise political power.
Please apply using the form below at your earliest convenience. Positions are open until filled.
Roles and responsibilities
- Attend regional Legislative Leader trainings.
- Conduct political education on Education Minnesota’s top legislative goals and priorities with members.
- Mobilize turnout to political events involving legislators:
- Mobilize members in directly contacting legislators.
- Host meetings with legislators, Education Minnesota members and invited members of the public.
- Participate in Education Minnesota lobby days.
- Other rallies and actions as directed.
- Lead regional political and legislative committees with key leaders from each targeted locals and fulfill goals and measures for each local, including with IO organizations.
- Attend bi-weekly check-ins with your assigned political organizer.
- Must be a current/active member of Education Minnesota.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must have a car and a laptop computer.
- Experience in advocacy or lobbying at the state level.
- Working knowledge of education issues important to Education Minnesota members.
"*" indicates required fields