Get Out the Vote Virtual Leadership Assembly: The Countdown is On!
Thursday, Oct. 29
With only a few days until the election, now is not the time to take the foot off the gas. We must do everything in our power to elect legislators that support public education and labor. Join us for a virtual leadership assembly to learn what you can do in the last few days before the election to ensure that we win a pro-public education Legislature!
Minnesota First Lady (and former teacher) Gwen Walz
2020 Minnesota Teacher of the Year Qorsho Hassan
Worksite Unity Leader Training – Part 1
Sign up for our Worksite Unity Leader Training Part 1 online via LearnUpon by searching for “Worksite Unity Leader Training Part 1” in the course catalog. The training on LearnUpon may be accessed at any time.
For more information on how Education Minnesota members may access the Worksite Unity Leader Training Part 1 on LearnUpon, check out the LearnUpon page on the Education Minnesota website or read more about the training.
During this training, members will learn about power, the pathway to fully funding public schools in Minnesota and messaging about our campaign during COVID-19.
Worksite Unity Leader Training – Part 2
Part two of our Worksite Unity Leader trainings focus on getting out the vote and were held live on Sept. 28 or 30. This training will also eventually be available on our LearnUpon platform.
The agenda includes:
– Organizing educators in your building to vote for public education in 2020.
– Outreach to parent and community voters.
– Vote by mail and early voting.
– Digital voter engagement resources.
– Tracking our efforts.
Local unions may also schedule custom trainings at additional times and dates by reaching out to their Education Minnesota field staff.
Role of worksite unity team leaders:
- Work with coworkers at your worksite to unify your building in actions to get-out-the-vote in the 2020 election and unite people in actions during the 2021 legislative session to win new education funding.
- Receive support from, and coordinate your activities with, Education Minnesota staff and leadership.
- Track participation of members in your building in campaign action