Goals of position:
- Assist the local union in building capacity to exercise political power.
- Lead 2022 worksite action leaders in implementing the campaign plan at targeted worksites.
- Coordinate local union efforts with the statewide Education Minnesota campaign.
Stipend Available: GOTV leaders will be eligible to receive a stipend of $1,200 for leading this work.
Activities and duties required to earn stipend:
- Participate in 30-minute monthly or biweekly Zoom meetings with Education Minnesota political organizer and a cohort of other local union get-out-the-vote leaders.
- Participate in an individual 10- 15-minute monthly or biweekly Zoom or phone check-in with assigned Education Minnesota political organizer.
- Assist in recruitment of worksite action leaders for targeted buildings in the local.
- Assist with campaign communications to worksite action leaders by email, text and Zoom about the campaign activities at worksites. Support worksite action leaders in their efforts. Campaign activities summarized below.
- Lead social media and texting tactics for the local union in the campaign.
Worksite campaign activities timeline:
- Back to school 2022: Worksite leaders deliver pledge cards back to members with candy, note, etc. in mailboxes the week before early voting begins.
- September 2022: Hold 10-minute meeting, social or educational activity to share Education Minnesota voter guide.
- October 2022: Week of action with legislative candidates. Ask each worksite leader to door knock once with one volunteer from their building.
- Final week before election: Social or educational activity, or other visibility activity, to encourage 100 percent voter turnout in the building.
- Throughout: One-on-one conversations with targeted list of members in the building.
Questions? Contact Anna Brelje at email@example.com.
GOTV Leader sign-up
"*" indicates required fields